Vidmate is an application that allows the user to download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion and other online video hosting sites. It ...
Vidmate is an application that allows the user to download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion and other online video hosting sites. It converts a video stream into a downloadable file format that is suitable for storing offline. It is best suited for the type of people who like to go through video streams on these sites and then want to save it for later purposes when they are going to be away from internet connectivity.
How to download and install the Vidmate app?
Generally,for Vidmate download and installation, you have to visit the official site and follow these steps:
- Login to the site using the given link
- You’ll find an option saying “Download Vidmate for Android”
- Tap it and the APK file will start to download automatically
- Once the download completes, open the download folder and then tap on the APK file to install
- If it requires permission, then go to settings and check the ‘Install from unknown sources’ option. Then retry
- After the installation is complete, open the app and then allow required access
You can also download it via third-party app hosting sites in the following manner:
- Login to any of the app hosting sites such as; apkpure.com, apkmirror.com and many more
- Select the appropriate version from the list of versions available and download it
- Once the download is complete, click on the file and install it
- Check for required permissions again. And proceed
- Once completed, open the app and allow required access
Why isn’t Vidmate included inPlaystore?
It is because of Google’s certain terms and conditions and its policies. As the Vidmate features downloading videos from hosting sites like YouTube, it violates the terms and policies of YouTube Inc. and YouTube being an attribute of Google, it didn’t allow such apps to be included the Playstore. Though there maybe app claiming to be Vidmate’s variants, there is no official Google Playstore release.
What platforms does Vidmate support?
Vidmate only supports the Android platform. There is no official Windows version for PCs, though it can be used over Windows environment using virtual android platforms.Vidmate does not support the IOS platformdue to the Apple Inc. private ownership and control over iOS apps. Whatsoever rumours there might be, there has been no official statement about any versions of Vidmate that supports iOS-based devices.
Is using Vidmate app for downloading video streams, legal?
Vidmate downloadis completely legal. It generally allows its users to download the videos posted on various websites and the social networking sites to be downloaded on the phone in offline mode which can be viewed later and that too without having any access to the internet connection. It also features downloading of various apps and music from servers which don’t have one of the best rankings. All these facilities provided by Vidmate to its user may lead to the development of the case of copyright infringement.
Any legal issues if reported are to be dealt with by the company and not by the user. Hence you can Vidmate download without any tension and enjoy its services.